Reliance Jio will not charge for voice calls or for roaming calls within India. Customers should be charged for voice or data, but not both.
Reliance Jio’s data prices are roughly one-fifth of what customers have been charged so far – one gigabyte of data will cost Rs 50.
Jio will not follow the industry practice of blackout days – occasions like Diwali when free SMS offers are not applicable because the volume tends to be too high.
Starting Monday, anyone can sign up for Reliance Jio services – and no charges will apply till December 31.
Competitors have complained that Jio, while claiming to be in beta phase, has used scarce fourth-generation of 4G airwaves to poach customers by offering them free-of-cost trials.
Reliance Jio Propeganda:
1. Starting Monday, September 5, Jio’s boquet of apps, all services available for everyone absolutely free. Till 31 December 2016.
2. By March 2017, we’ll cover 90% of India’s population.
3. The JioFi router has been launched at just Rs. 1,999.
4. New Lyf devices starting at Rs. 2,999.
5. More than 70% of all devices sold in India support 4G LTE. And that soon that will be 100 percent.
6. 1 million wifi hotspots across India.
7. 25% extra data for students holding a valid id card.
8. 2.8 million songs, 6000 movies and thousands of magazines and newspapers to be added for Jio customers.
9. Reliance launced Jio Money for customers to go cashless with the help of this digital wallet.
10. There will be no blackout dates for Jio customers. No extra charges for festive days. Customers can access their bill at real-time after ecery transaction.
As soon as the announcement proposed by Ambani, the Telecom Sector Shares in the Stock Market Stumbles.